TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE PRESIDENT’S AWARD
1. The President’s Award is awarded to an Association member who has given exceptional service to his Branch.
2. Branches will make nominations to their Executive Committee member who will submit his top 3 nominations to the Regimental Secretary Gloucester or Salisbury at least 3 weeks before the first meeting in the year (normally in March). It is the responsibility of the Executive Committee Member to approach his Branches for nominations. A citation should describe why the member should receive an award and highlighting his achievements in no more than 200 hundred words.
3. There are to be no more than one nomination per Branch per year and no more than 3 nominations per Committee Member per year.
4. The Executive Committee will consider the citations at their first meeting in the year. Citations will be scored using the MS scoring system with marks out of 10 with the spread of scores being no greater than 2 from each Committee Member. Generally the top 3 nominations will receive an award each year though in exceptional cases and approved by the President, this number may be exceeded.
5. Awards will be normally presented by the President or by someone nominated by him for example, an Honorary President or the Association Chairman. Awards will be presented at a reunion (in Gloucester, Salisbury, Reading and Devizes) in the same year they are nominated. The citation of the recipient is to be read out publically prior to him receiving the award.