BACK BADGE REUNION - SATURDAY 21 MARCH 2020
BACK BADGE REUNION - SATURDAY 21st MARCH 2020
1. Introduction. Following the success of last years reunion and your grateful emails and comments, it was decided to again hold the 2020 gathering at the Walls Social Club, Hammond Way, Barnwood, Gloucester, GL4 3HG. As before a Church Service at St Mary de Lode and subsequent march through Gloucester will precede the lunch and gathering.
2. Background. Some key points for the day include:
- Church Service at St Mary de Lode. The service will begin at 11.30 am. Please take your seats by 11.15 am. As before Canon Nikki Arthy has kindly agreed to lead. All are most welcome and we plan on members of our former Regimental Band accompanying the service. It is hoped HM Lord-Lieutenant of Gloucestershire will attend.
- March through Gloucester. Form up under parade marshal Len Keeling near to the West door of the Church, on Archdeacon Street, and proceed to Westgate Street. The salute will be taken on the steps to Gloucestershire County Hall. The march continues along Westgate to Southgate Street before turning in to Longsmith Street. There participants will halt and fall out.
- Mr Andy Casey is kindly making available transport to Walls Social Club from outside the Church and also Longsmith Street. If required, please annotate the proforma.
Mrs Jenny McBryde will organise transport. Car owners with spare seats are requested to inform Jenny who will fill the seats.
- Gathering. Walls Social Club is kindly arranging lunch at a most reasonable price of £25.00 per head for a three-course menu plus coffee or tea, a bottle of red and white wine will be available at each table for no extra charge.
- Widows. The committee wish to encourage attendance by our regimental widows. Please try to bring along a widow or widower.
- Standard Bearers at the Church. Please attend the brief rehearsal at 11.00 am.
3. Participation. Those from the wider regimental family of Regulars, Reserves, Cadets, Association as well as key supporters from the community are encouraged to submit a proforma. Tickets will be issued in advance. Please assist in spreading the word to the widows of our comrades; the committee can facilitate attendance as regimental guests.
4. Concluding Comment. We really look forward to seeing as many as possible at the Church Service, the March and for the lunch and gathering at Walls Social Club. I am most grateful to all of those that are helping to organise this very special occasion. Should anyone have any queries you are most welcome to contact me direct. Please now complete the attached proforma, as per the instructions, and spread the word. It is Back Badge Day, let’s make it special.
5. Ibis Hotel. The Ibis Hotel is a short walk from the Walls Social Club. Negotiations have taken place and a special b&b rate has been offered at £55.00 for a double room and £50.00 for a single room. Details are: Ibis Hotel Sawmills End, Corinium Avenue, A417, Gloucester, GL4 3DG, Tel: 01452 623650. Please quote The Gloucestershire Regiment when booking.
Calling Notice Back Badge Reunion 2020.pdf
Popular 119.29 KB
St Mary de Lode.
Walls Social Club