Message from the President of the Association
The President of the Regimental Association, Brigadier P E O'R-B Davidson-Houston CBE, asks that the following is drawn to the attention of Members:
The Charity Commission has authorised the new Constitution (2017) of The Rifles and The Royal Gloucestershire, Berkshire and Wiltshire Regimental Association - (Registered Charity Number 1038526), which was previously approved by the membership at the Extraordinary General Meeting held at the Wyvern Club, Devizes on 18th February 2017.
Under paragraph 13 of the new Constitution (2017), the first County Chairmen are appointed by the Trustees, and thereafter by the Trustees in consultation with the County Committees. The President of the Regimental Association is delighted to announce that the following have been appointed by the Trustees as the first County Chairmen with effect from 1st July 2017:
• The County of Gloucestershire and the County and City of Bristol - Lieutenant Colonel D R Dixon OBE.
• The Royal County of Berkshire - Lieutenant Colonel B R Paddison MBE DL.
• The County of Wiltshire - Lieutenant Colonel S J Venus MBE.
The following appointments were endorsed at the Extraordinary General Meeting:
• The Chairman of the Regimental Association - Colonel M J Cornwell OBE
• The Secretary of the Association - Captain M K Godwin
Nominations are being sought for the Treasurer's postion, which is currently vacant.
Colonel Michael Cornwell is now arranging a first meeting with Captain Mike Godwin and the County Chairmen. There are a variety of issues that will be initially addressed by this forum. In addition a date and arrangements for the AGM, 2017, will be publicised in due course.